UPDATE Dated 25th March 2020.
Royal Mail Delays
Royal Mail is now advising standard post will take longer to arrive. Royal Mail is prioritising items posted by special delivery, but they’re not guaranteed to arrive by 1pm the next working day.
Government Announcement – 23rd March
With regret, we are now operating a skeleton operation (from our Director’s home office). We will still be able to process existing orders as best we possibly can within the original expected production time – but all new orders will be subject to when the government lift their guidance on isolation (update expected in three weeks).
Orders placed before 8pm GMT on 23rd March will be processed as best possible, but there may be slight delays.
Order placed after 8pm GMT on 23rd March may not be processed until Build Me Mini re-opens at full capacity after the UK curfew has been lifted.
If we are able to process your order before this time, we absolutely will.
All orders processing: Increased production time, please see above.
UK Postage: UK post remains in place, but slower. Please also allow a few extra days as we minimise trips to the Post Office to once a week.
Italy and China Postage: Italy and China Suspended+
Rest of the world postage: While other governments may enforce suspensions, we are currently not aware of any in place at this time.
+Suspended postal services will result in your order being held at our warehouse until such time as the suspension is removed. We will continue to dispatch your orders, but will put them into holding. Once the suspension is removed, your orders will be posted in the order they were dispatched.
Dated 18th March 2020.
I’m sure, for the most part, you’re all fed up of hearing about this wretched virus. And so we haven’t emailed out and we haven’t made a big deal of it. But, we know this is a very serious issue and that we need to make it clear where Build Me Mini stand.
For those of you looking to place orders – or those of you who have placed orders, I just wanted to re-assure you that we’re all still working to get your orders assembled and dispatched as per normal.
We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact to our employees, suppliers and customers. We are following current UK government guidelines regarding sanitation, including regular hand-washing and hand sanitising. We are regularly cleaning all workstations and tools. We are also ensuring all products are cleaned properly, ensuring no damage or negative impact on the products – especially the more delicate, personalised ones.
Should you still be concerned about incoming parcels, you can read about how long the virus lasts on surfaces here, but rest assured we will have likely killed any bug that comes close to your orders before they are dispatched.
As we all know, there is much uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus. So I want to give you re-assurance and some certainty in these frustrating and unusual times.
- Everything is still awesome.
- Our priority is keeping both our staff, and customers healthy.
To date, there is no interruption to production or dispatch times and we will do everything in our power to ensure this continues.– See above update. Please bare with us as we extend our response times to 2-3 working days so that we can ensure order production remains at 10 working days.– See above update.
- We will proactively contact you if you have open orders that are being affected in any way. We will continue to inform you when and if things change.
As for things you can do,
- Please ensure you’ve added both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your emailsafelist/contact list so that you don’t miss any emails that may mistakenly get re-directed to spam filters.
- Please keep up to date with the latest from Royal Mail with regards to any delays in shipping times as we have no control over this. We will continue to ship all local (UK) and basic International postage with Royal Mail (premium International will be informed upon dispatch as to which courier was used).
- Stay safe and we are here if you need any support. Oh and let’s all be generous with the toilet paper, yeah?
Thanks, as always, for being awesome customers and supporters of Build Me Mini.
– Stephen (Director) and the Build Me Mini Team.