UPDATED Dated 13th Jan 2021.
All orders processing: Our office remains open with minor delays while we implement COVID health and safety.
UK Postage: UK post remains in place, but slower. Please also allow a few extra days as we minimise trips to the Post Office.
Rest of the world postage: While other governments may enforce suspensions, we are currently not aware of any in place at this time. Please refer to your local postal delivery team. If we are made aware of any of these, we will indicate it here +. There have been reports of Import Taxes due to Brexit (learn more here).
UK Government Lockdown 3.0
Following government guidance, we are able to continue manufacturing orders from our homes and office. We are processing all orders as best we possibly can, generally within the original expected production and dispatch time, but your patience and understanding during this period is appreciated. We have tried to keep up with the government recommendations as they have been announced and will continue to do everything we can to keep our customers, staff and community safe and healthy.
Orders placed during this time will be processed as best possible, but there may be slight delays. So far we have been able to process all orders to date without any delays.
Royal Mail Delays
Royal Mail is advising standard post will take longer to arrive. Royal Mail is prioritising items posted by special delivery (called ‘Next Working Day), but they’re not guaranteed to arrive by 1pm the next working day.
Sadly, due to COVID-19, we cannot and do not gaurentee delivery times currently. We rely on Royal Mails’ current policies. We will dispatch your items in the time frame indicated, but please note that once disaptched, the delivery times are outside of our control.
Thank-you for your understanding in these unprecedented times.
We are saddened by in sudden price increase of shipping to the United States of America – but sadly, this has resulted in all of our shipping methods to America being significantly more. We are fully aware that the shipping to USA is expensive and we wish this were not the case, but it is sadly outside of our control
+Suspended postal services will result in your order being held at our warehouse until such time as the suspension is removed. We will continue to dispatch your orders, but will put them into holding. Once the suspension is removed, your orders will be posted in the order they were dispatched. At this time there are no suspended postal services that we are aware of.
Dated 18th March 2020.
Read the full article published in March 2020, here. Or catch up with the key points repeated below.
We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact to our employees, suppliers and customers. We are following current UK government guidelines regarding sanitation, including regular hand-washing and hand sanitising. We are regularly cleaning all workstations and tools. We are also ensuring all products are cleaned properly, ensuring no damage or negative impact on the products – especially the more delicate, personalised ones.
Should you still be concerned about incoming parcels, you can read about how long the virus lasts on surfaces here, but rest assured we will have likely killed any bug that comes close to your orders before they are dispatched.
As we all know, there is much uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus. So I want to give you re-assurance and some certainty in these frustrating and unusual times.
- Everything is still awesome.
- Our priority is keeping both our staff, and customers healthy.
- To date, there is no interruption to production or dispatch times and we will do everything in our power to ensure this continues. – See above update.
- Please bare with us as we extend our response times to 2-3 working days so that we can ensure order production remains at 10 working days. – See above update.
- We will proactively contact you if you have open orders that are being affected in any way. We will continue to inform you when and if things change.
As for things you can do,
- Please ensure you’ve added both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your emailsafelist/contact list so that you don’t miss any emails that may mistakenly get re-directed to spam filters.
- Please keep up to date with the latest from Royal Mail with regards to any delays in shipping times as we have no control over this. We will continue to ship all local (UK) and basic International postage with Royal Mail (premium International will be informed upon dispatch as to which courier was used).
- Stay safe and we are here if you need any support. Oh and let’s all be generous with the toilet paper, yeah?
Thanks, as always, for being awesome customers and supporters of Build Me Mini.
– Stephen (Director) and the Build Me Mini Team.